Looking for a low cost spay/neuter clinic close to you? From “People Saving Pets” see the link to the right, type in your zip code, click on GO and you will get a map with locations of low cost spay/neuter services in your area!
This site is sponsored by Petsmart Charities and the ASPCA.
Seven good reasons to have your pet spayed or neutered
By: The Pawza
1. For every baby born in the US, seven puppies or kittens are born. Obviously there can never be enough homes for all of them.
2. A male dog can smell a female in heat up to seven miles away. Unaltered males are frequently lost, stolen, or hit by cars as they travel in search of females. Neutered animals are less likely to roam and fight.
3. Spayed and neutered pets live longer, healthier lives. The risk of prostate, breast, and uterine cancer is reduced or eliminated. Spaying and neutering does not make your pet fat or lazy.
4. Eight million pets are put to sleep each year in animal shelters across the US. Even if you find homes for your pet’s litter of kittens or puppies, that means fewer available homes for the many other unwanted pets.
5. In six years one female dog and her offspring can be the source of 67,000 puppies. In seven years, one cat and her young can produce 420,000 cats.
6. Spayed and neutered pets are better, more affectionate companions. Altered animals are less likely to bite or have temperment problems. Neutered cats are less likely to spray or mark teritory.
7. Few things are sweeter then the face of a young puppy or kitten. Yet only one in every five animals born will find a home.Most end up at shelters after their owners grow tired of them or find them too inconvenient.
To solve this ever growing problem, please have your pet spayed or neutered and let others know of the pet overpopulation problem. Every litter prevented means more homes for the dogs and cats that already exist.
If you or someone you know needs help getting their pet altered there is a link on our website to low cost spay and neuter services right here in Indiana. See above.
|Our Photo Gallery|
|More Happy Tails|
|Even More Happy Tails|
|OLBH Volunteer Work Days|