The health of our community is of utmost importance to us. In light of the need to slow the spread of the COVID-19 illness to allow the health care industry time to handle the increasing case load, we have cancelled our in person fundraising events through the end of March and likely through the month of April. Please be vigilant in preventative measures and awareness of certain demographics that are at greater risk should they be exposed.
- Temporarily suspending adoptions, new fosters, and visitors to the rescue
- Fundraising events with large congregating groups have been cancelled or postponed. This alone has resulted in approximately $6,000 loss of revenue that we count on for the health and welfare of the dogs in our care and in foster/forever foster.
- Cards for Canines will be rescheduled — an email has gone out to those who have registered and a new date will be announced in the near future.
- Indoor Yard sale has been cancelled.
- We have seen a huge increase in surrender requests, foster/adoption returns, foster/forever foster costs due to employment/quarantine issues, and a drop in adoption inquires.
This means that we are solely relying on straight donations and online fundraisers to cover our costs. To put it bluntly, this is not sustainable. We count on our in-person larger events to cover food, preventatives, vet care, operating costs, etc.
*If you are in a situation in which you are able to help financially, there is no time like right now to help. Please donate online or mail a check to OLBH 4259 Mangus Rd., Poland, IN 47868
Times are tough as it is, and we would not be asking if it were not needed.
Stay safe, wash your hands, don’t touch your face holes (one of our volunteers favorite motto), and think about how each of our actions affects the community as a whole.
Thank you all,
Joyce & Kim Deckard
and the 182 dogs in our care